VARSITY VETERINARY CENTER COVID-19 PLAN as of DECEMBER, 2021
1. Call ahead or use our Pet Desk App to schedule all appointments as well as food, medication and prevention pickups. 407- 674-6835.
2. All clients: Please remain in your car and call the the number above to check in curbside. A nurse will discuss all your concerns and take any pertinent medical history via phone. Limited in-person appointments are available. Your nurse will inform you when a room is available. You mal also choose to remain in your car for the appointment. All clients choosing to enter the clinic must wear a mask at all times--there are no exceptions. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
*All dogs will be brought in on our double slip leads. Cats must remain in carriers.
*All Patient exams and treatments will be done indoors.
*All exam findings, diagnostics required/reported and treatments will be communicated via phone or in exam room by veterinarian or nurse or emailed medical notes.
*Payment of services will be done over the phone or in exam room.
*Patients will be returned to owner by staff. Owners will be escorted out of clinic by staff.
3. Drop Off appointments are available for ESTABLISHED clients and patients. Patient admission must be done before 9 AM.
4. CURBSIDE PICKUP for food, medications, preventions, etc., is available and encouraged! Just call! This will expedite the encounter and limit human contact.
5. The staff at Varsity continues to wear masks and maintain social distancing. We are cleaning and sanitizing throughout the day.
6. Call Varsity at 407-674-6835, check our Facebook page, website (varsityvetcenter.com) or even the front door for any changes in hours.
7. The Veterinary Emergency Clinic (VEC) 407-644-4449 in Casselberry and Blue Pearl Pet Hospital (formerly known as Affiliated Veterinary Specialists) in Maitland 407-644-1287 have adopted curbside and hybrid curbside appointments. Please contact those facilities for additional information.
8. The doctors and staff at Varsity continue to monitor the COVID pandemic and its effects on our local community and profession. We will continue to meet the needs of our patients and still remain responsible humans. Please be patient and kind as every day has brought new challenges for all of us!